Do you grind your teeth at night? If so, you may suffer from a form of bruxism. Bruxism is a condition caused by the grinding or clenching of one’s teeth. Apart from damage caused directly to the teeth, bruxism can also lead to headaches and additional sleep disorder, including sleep apnea. Many cases are considered mild enough that no treatment is required, but some cases do require a doctor’s attention. Here are some symptoms to watch out for:
– Grinding or clenching your teeth loudly while you sleep could be a sign of bruxism.
– Teeth that are heavily worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– Tooth enamel that has been worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– An increase in tooth sensitivity could be a sign of bruxism.
– Jaw pain, face pain, and dull headaches could be signs of bruxism.
– Indentations on your tongue or damage to your inner cheek tissue caused by your teeth could be signs of bruxism.
– A locked jaw that cannot open or close completely could be a sign of bruxism.
Kirti Tewari Dental PC has a highly-qualified staff to help you fight bruxism. If you would like an appointment with Dr. Kirti Tewari to discuss treatment options, please contact a member of our team at 718-475-6538. Our office is located in Bronx, New York. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for!